You’re a shot pulling phenom, a milk steaming sensation, a bonafide home barista of the highest caliber, ready to sling cappuccinos at the drop of a hat. Your espresso machine is the lifeblood of your bar or kitchen! Keeping your baby running smoothly requires more than just a wipe down at the end of the day. Just like with that vintage car, it will need daily care and regular services to keep it in perfect condition. Don’t worry, though, because we’ve got you covered.
At the end of every day, you should be backflushing your machine!
How to Blackflush?
- 1 Run your grouphead and scrub out all loose coffee with your machine brush.
- 2 Put a spoon of espresso machine detergent in your blind filter and insert it into your group.
- 3 Run it for ten seconds on, ten seconds off. Do this four times.
- 4 Leave the blind filter in the group for about five minutes (clean the steam wands and portafilters, and shine your machine etc. in this time).
Tempted to skip this step? Think again. These five minutes are imperative. They allow the detergent to loosen and eat away at the most stubborn oils and residue in a way that hot water just can’t match.
- 5 Remove espresso machine detergent and clear water flush your group (ten on, ten off) until the water clarity is perfect.
- 6 Repeat steps 1-5 until the water runs clean.
Have a busy shop? Then don’t limit this step to an end-of-the-day ritual. In the name of high-quality coffee (and a beautiful machine), do steps 1-3, minus the detergent, after every rush.
How to clean your milk steampipe?
EVERY THREE MONTHS
Your machine needs a minor service every three months. Don’t worry, it really won’t take you that long to do this. You’ll need to:
4. Test all switches.
5. Test grouphead and boiler water quality.
So after ready all these info you will fall in love with your coffee equipment very soon!